Job Title: Regional Director, Yachad New York
Department: Communal Engagement
Supervisor: Associate Director, Yachad
Position Summary: The Regional Director provides strategic vision, leadership, and managerial oversight of Yachad’s programs and services. The director builds communal relationships, increases the visibility and awareness of the organization, and seeks to provide the resources necessary to help those who need our services. The director oversees programming, supervises staff, and looks to partner with other community organizations. The director is responsible for ensuring that the region is strategically growing to best serve the disability community and to fulfill Yachad’s mission and values. To deliver meaningful programs and services to those who need our help, with a mindset of growth in both membership and the number of programs we offer on an ongoing basis. This position requires strong supervisory skills and knowledge of the community.
- Develop, articulate, and implement ongoing and dynamic strategy and vision for the region.
- Build strong relationships with Yachad families to best understand their needs and where the gaps in services are.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Yachad participants, parents, and communal leadership through various media (face-to-face meetings, direct mail, e-mail, newsletters, website, social media etc.)
- Ensure that regional Shabbatonim across NY are successful in areas of Yachad participant engagement and community engagement.
- Ensure that the NY region is planning for successful school engagement through various school clubs, partner social programs, and other activities throughout the year.
- Oversee intake of new participants to the region and ensure their smooth entry to Yachad programming.
- Work with the Yachad marketing team to create a marketing and public relations strategy to promote Yachad throughout the area.
- Cultivate relationships with local lay leaders, principals, rabbis, directors, donors, and other community leaders to drive Yachad’s growth and impact.
- Work with Yachad leadership to create a local advisory board.
- Cultivate relationships and partner with other organizations that serve the special needs community to further Yachad’s mission and best support the disability community.
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and coach staff as relevant.
- Provide a nurturing work environment in which all staff, volunteers, Yachad members and peers feel valued, appreciated, and acknowledged for their contributions to the team.
- Provide ongoing staff supervision and feedback on a regular basis. Feedback should be honest, compassionate, constructive, fair, and specific.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive calendar of programming that meets the needs and interests of Yachad participants and their families.
- Regularly analyze programming to ensure evolution and innovation, quality, engagement, and effective results.
- Ensure programs follow all Yachad policies and local laws.
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Yachad.
- Well versed in Jewish values and beliefs.
- Experience in Jewish communal work.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding budgets and program planning.
- Self-starter; able to work independently.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in the disability community preferred.
(Salary Range0 $100,00-$120,000)